What is this Blog??

This blog is my life as it pertains to me.. in this blog you will find the following: -Daily Entries regarding my life -Daily Entries directed towards current events -Anything I find interesting for the day will be posted -I will post a word of the day, as well as a quote of the day.. PLEASE leave comments, ask questions etc.

Getting to know me...

I suppose I am writting this blog to stay connected, to vent, and to make my voice heard. I have a lot to say, and this is the vehicle that will allow me to be heard. This blog will cover the aspects of my life, what im going through, what is going on in the world around me, along with someother random things that I have found interesting. Needless to say, this blog will never be boring....

"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...."
Hi, I am Codie..
I am twenty-one, and on a path of self discovery -->



I always joke about living a "Jerry Springer" life, but the more I think about it, it's been just that. I come from a disfunctional family, but who doesn't? Because of the experiances I have been through, and the people who molded me throughout my life, I am able to be the strong, and bold women I am today.


My mother has absolutely been my inspiration, my best friend and my strongest supporter. She is always the first person I go to when the shit hits the fan...
She isn't your traditional mother, and I couldn't ask for anything more.


Another important aspect of my life that I would like to welcome you to, is the fact that I am GayLesbianBiTransgender activist.. what is that you ask?? I am a supporter of love, and I believe that in a country that's "equal and free" one group of people have been neglected their basic rights as a citizen in this great country... I tell you all of this, because I will post about the struggle. This civil rights issue is such a large part of my life, that began..well I was "bred" into the lifestyle. My mother is a lesbian and has been for as long as I can remember, and I have witnessed the discrimination first hand. She has an amazing girlfriend, who has become one of my "favorite" people and they have have been together for almost nine yrs. These two amazing women have impacted my life more than they will ever know..


Moving on --> I am currently working full time for a call center for attorneys.. it's great because It allows me to be on the internet all day, wear pajamas, and it pays a lot better than retail.. which leads me to my next "topic"...



Style/Fashion/Art, is literally what I breathe.. So a few post, or a million post will be directed to some aspect art... another obsession of mine is MUSIC, I live for music.. I am a fan of any type of music that allows you to get lost in it.

-At this time, Lady GaGa is my favorite artist/performer/musician/fashion icon, be expecting to know a lot more about her, as you read my posts...




Currently I am a "Junior" in college, and should be graduating with a Bachelors in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing in the Fall of 2010... then i'm off to Law school, to study Civil Rights Law.


I am living in an amazing vintage 70's farm house in the middle of 50+ acres... I live there a long with my -man- friend of almost three yrs, Mason and our roomate Megan. I feel so blessed to live there, and the house is just perfect. We live there with our three dogs, Megans mutt Hendrix and I have two pomerianians.. Frannie and Nemo, those ladies are my heart!





My life would be in shambels without my support group. I could simply use the term "friends" to describe them, but they are far more than that. You have friends, and then you have those people in your life who just dont go away, they are apart of you --> no matter whats going on around you these people are there to support you, and keep you on your feet while everyone else wants to knock you down.


I am entering into a new phase in my life, it began with self reflection , and ended with a new look on life... at this point I will share with you the quote that changed it all..




"We are always getting ready to live but never living." Ralph Waldo Emerson

so... now you know a little more about me, and so it begins...
enjoy ..
feel free to leave feedback/comments/questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment